Marvel + Disney = Fear

And it shouldn’t before I even go into where I like to see this go and the pros and cons. I am going to list the other companies Disney owns and they are:
Touchstone Pictures
Hollywood Pictures
ImageMovers Digital
Miramax Films
DreamWorks (for films made by Touchstone only, its sister company, DreamWorks Animation SKG, is still distributed and owned by Paramount Pictures)
Pixar Animation Studios
Buena Vista International
Hollywood Records
Mammoth Records
Lyric Street Records
Buena Vista Records
Hyperion Theatrical
ABC, Inc
Lifetime Entertainment Services and A&E Television Networks [joint venture between Disney (37.5%), Hearst Corporation (37.5%) and NBC Universal (25%)]
Hyperion Books
ESPN, Inc.
To name a few. if Disney is smart like 99% of the above mentioned companies they will leave marvel to be marvel that is my hope, well that and a new Howard the duck book where him and Donald get into it over daisy. Another thing that bought marvel for its movies not the comics while the comic industry is booming in the last 10 years marvel after the epicness of civil war( I will leave it to you to say fail of succeed) has been going down hill the are at the bottom of sell chart with there normal titles. That does not include the recently finished secret invasion and the new dark rain books. Disney bought marvel for there box office movies and famous charters like spider-man, captain America, iron man, Thor, and hulk. Now can this be a bad thing yes it can if Disney gets to involved we may lose the dark marvel knight books, or worse a comic adaptation of high school musical. Would I like to see spider-man or hulk in Disney’s most popular game kingdom hearts? YES I DO. But will this hurt either company I think not

Comments

  1. I don't think that there will be any actual problems in a world where Marvel is owned by Disney. I mean alot of the other buisnesses that you listed are doing just fine under Disney rule. My guess is that Disney just wants one more entertainment industry under their belt. And, I really thought that Universal owned the rights to Mavel's movies. Hum. Shows what I know about this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?