Review: Halo Reach


Ok so I missed out on my Scott Pilgrim review I am sorry but I am keeping with my Promise with Reach. Now you know how this goes I will break it down to Story, Graphics, Multiplayer, and over all. So without and more delays here is the Halo Reach review
Story
The Halo Reach story put you into the role of Spartan III b312 or as he will be called Noble six. This games story takes you from fighting off an advance team of Convent to the full on fall of the planet.  The story finds a way to introduce these charters and make you care about them and their conflicting personalities. Each level has you wanting you finish learning more about you mission. There is also a mystery element when Dr. Halsey makes her appearance and a conflict with the Spartans of Noble Team. The story as a hole has the same feeling of Halo one and just makes feel nostalgic. My one complaint is how this fits in with the book and such I think they will have time explaining how this fits. So my score is 5 out of 5
Graphics
This game looks awesome the graphics are incomparable. There is always one complaint I’ve had with the halo games was the blocky faces. Now with the members of Noble team you see this is never a problem. There is one instance where that is a problem but I think they do that on purpose (you will have to play it to see what I mean).  So my overall score is 5 out of 5.
Multiplayer
How do I even talk about Halo Multiplayer it really has never changed it just refined over the years. Halo 2 gave us live, Halo 3 gave us forge and armor customization, Halo3: ODST gave us fire fight, and reach takes all of this and refines it.  The Customization is far more detailed, the game types are awesome, and the new forge world is awesome. The Big things that I want to talk about are the armor abilities and Invasion.  The Armor abilities make thing more of a challenge trying to guess the load outs they have. The Invasion game type is one I’ve wanted ever sense they added the elites. They also change the way Elites play to make them different from Spartans. One this they did was make them a head tall than the Spartans,  they also made them as fast as a sprinting Spartan (meaning they don’t get sprint armor ability), and last the Elites get an exclusive ability it is a doge roll.  So over all the new features in multiplayer are awesome a 5 out 5.
Limited edition features
Like I said if I buy the Collector or the LE of any game that stuff gets reviewed as well but does not count towards the final review. So I got the Limited not the legendary edition of reach so I got Dr. Halsey’s Journal she kept during the Spartan II project and until the fall of reach. This is an awesome read and all the little side thing and drawings in the book help you get in her head more than any of the books have. You also get Elite officer armor the only way to get this armor is in this or the legendary editions.  So all and all the bonus content is awesome.
Final Score
Reach doesn’t let you down in any way it everything you expect from a halo game you get in reach and then some it saddens me that Bungie will no longer produce halo games. Over all reach is a 5 out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?