Transform and Roll Out.


Hello again readers, sorry for these long absence but the real world has well dropped a bomb on me.  However I’ve been back to collecting Transformers figures plus other thing here and there,  however lately Transformers has been well confusing me. The cartoon and it’s toy line was recently rebranded to include the sub title Beast Hunters (more on that later), and the generation line is now including figures based on the IDW comic book. After seeing these figures I was ecstatic. But I have issues with both of these lines.


With Prime Beast Hunters my problem is the huge line of new figures and the introductions of Predacons (which made me happy as a Beast War fan).  I’m not too happy about how they went about it.  The introduce a clone of an ancient Cybertron beast know as a Predacon (the figures call him Predaking the same name used by the G1 Predacon Combiners). The toy line would have lead one to belive that Predaking is intelligent and can transform, However the show has yet to show us otherwise.  (SPOLIER WARNING) In fact when the 3rd season of finished the story line started at the end of season 2 Predaking was completely disabled. We will see how the show goes on  the end of series round up is a TV movie called Predacons Rising, so we will see what happens. 


AS for the Beast Hunters toy line I would recommend for those like me collecting charters from the show. Stick to the following 5 charters:
SmokeScreen  (deluxe)

Optimus Prime (Voyager)

Ultra Magnus (Voyager)

Shockwave (Voyager)

Preadaking (Ultimate)

The reason for the bigger one on Preadaking is that he is a huge in the show, and the armor on SmokeScreen and Shockwave is removable


Next is the upcoming Generations figures announced at this year’s New York Toy Fair. These figures are for the 30th anniversary of transformers completely. The deluxe figures are based on the most recent released Spotlight Comics by IDW. The will each come with the featured comic with a special cover and are based on the art work from the comic. The  figures shown where Orion Pax (aka Optimus Prime), Megatron, Bumblebee, and Trailcutter (aka Trailbreaker). 




The funny thing about these comics is they all have a connecting theme. That theme is also the biggest announcement for the 30th B-Day both literally and figuratively. The comic all have something to do with Metroplex the transforming city who was also announced as a 24 inch figure coming out later this year. He will be the biggest transformer figure ever made.



Another announcement along the lines of connecting the comics with the figures was two new voyagers. The new voyager are triple changers there is one for each faction. The Decepticon is Blitzwing and is based loosely on he IDW counterpart. The Autobot one is where I am super stoked it is Springer who is based entirely on his IDW counterpart from my Favorite IDW book Last Stand of the Wreakers.  I’m a huge fan of the Wreakers in any continuity of Transformers, and Springer one of the definable Wreakers.  Now this is not the 1st bit of Wreaker love they did a series of retools with the Fall of Cybertron Combaticons to make a gestalt called Ruination. I’m not a big fan of this idea because none of these molds look like the characters they are based on or their proper colors. My problem is that here is a perfect chance for awesome fan demanded characters, and Hasbro is only half listening.  My hope is that these characters get 1st party figures based on the books as well as some other characters from the Wreakers.  I’m going to stop myself before I start ranting. I love the Wreakers nuff said I hope for more like Springer.


So it is a big year for transformers Hasbro is even doing a fan created character by going here and picking faction, weapon, alt mode, and personality. I'm looking forward to what this year has to offer for Transformers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?