Review: NYCC Transformers: Prime Frist Edition Bumblebee and Arcee

SO it is time for my 1st action figure review and it is The New York Comic Con Exclusive Transformers: Prime 1st Edition Bumblebee and Arcee.
I picked this up from this up from Hasbrotoyshop.com.  I ordered this for 3 reasons: 1 the G1 deco Arcee. 2 i wanted to see the Jack and Raf, and reason 3 I will share at a later date.

Package
Ok so let talk about the Packaging for this set. I really like the package after i removed the bubble and the plastic that held the figures I'm using it as a display for these figures. it comes with cardboard building with the Light forming an N a Y and the Autobot symbol.
The in the back ground you can see both Megatron and Starscream on top of a building
Arcee

Vehicle Mode:
Arcee's vehicle mode is a pink motorcycle 
The detail on the bike is just amazing. The Sculpt alone makes this a beauty. her weapons are stored on the sides of the bike but do not take away from the bike. They look as though the belong there
Now you can also remove the blade and the bike looks fine with out them. she even has a kickstand to suport her with out them.
All and All the vehicle mode it awesome and works perfectly.

Transformation 
Her transformation is rather simple and not to difficult once your use to it. She a a lot of small parts but she very sturdy. she listed as a level 2 but she more of a 1.5

Robot Mode 
Her robot mode is just as amazing as her vehicle mode.
In Robot mode she very articulated. she has ball joints at her shoulders, head, and hips. she has hinge joints for her neck, elbows, and knees. again the sculpt is just beautiful  her only major flaw is kibble on her back limits her arm movement.

Vehicle Mode

Bumblebee's Vehicle mode it a muscle car that suppose to remind you of his movie counterpart with a NYC taxi deco.

The only thing missing to make this believable as a cab is the light on the top of the car, but it an great sculpt and looks like the cartoon counterpart.

Tansformation
Bee's Transformation is a bit more difficult than Arcee's he is also listed as a 2 but I'd say more a 2.5

Robot Mode
his robot mode like his Vehicle Mode is also similar to his movie counterpart in many ways.
the figure has a great sculpt and very well designed my only issues with it are he kinda bulky and the kibble on his feet is a little distracting. but on the plus side it gives him an old G1 figure feel to him. Again he is a really good figure and he looks amazing. I hear they are doing another sculpt for a later wave of the Prime line I may see how different that is and compare.
Jack and Raf 
Jack and Raf are two PVC figures with little to no articulation 
I was surprised by just how small these figures where but over all they are great sculpts my only issues are the paint errors on Jack that I didn't notice until I look at the picture on my computer. these two alone have sold me on getting the entertainment pack with Prime Megatron and all 3 kids.

Over all i highly recommend this set over the SDCC one mostly because you can get that prime with better paint in the entertainment pack. So over all this set has 4 really excellent figures. Now to finish it off here are some group shots.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?