Switch On!

So Nintendo has finally let open the flood gates that is the Nintendo Switch, but what did we actually learn and what am I going to do with the blog until then. Well I've got 9 weeks to go so expect so much content with thoughts idea's and whole lot of Zelda stuff until March 3 and I Switch over (Damnit the pun are just too easy).

 The Switch
 Ok the presentation last night left everyone over hyped and pre ordering was almost impossible. Luckily I got mine and the colors I wanted.
I know someone's "OCD' is going nuts with this one and i have a very good reason for this version and that reason is
it reminded me of my favorite henshin hero Kikaider and guess what his henshin phrase is Switch On! Ok Ok now onto the criticism for the presentation. Now I spent some time thinking about the presentation and listening to the spectrum of responses from hyper fan to overly cynical and i've made two list of good and bads.

the good

  • we got to see the hardware and what the controls can do.
  • 3rd party support.
  • Games!


The Bad

  • Few solid release dates
  • Felt like the Wii U announcement.
  • The prices of the accessories 
Ok now for some context to this list. We saw some many games and that was awesome because there was so much support shown for this console, however very few of the games had solid release dates. There are only 5 games set for launch  and of them we only saw 2 during the presentation.  Now another huge problem I had was the accessories and the cost. They didn't mention price for anything other than the core switch bundle but head here and you'll see that everything is way over priced compared to Sony or Microsoft. I'm excited to see where this goes and what the future holds.

The Blog
The Switch is out in 9 week but with it comes a New Zelda game and to count down till this game i have a plan. My plan is to countdown by profiling all 10 links from last 30 years of Zelda. I will be looking at each Link as a character and what motivates them, How their story plays out, and Speculation on whether they could be the Breath of the Wild Link.  Ok that last one need's explained a little. It is right now a strong theory that the BoW Link is a Link we've had adventures with before. So Monday be on the lookout for our first Profile with the original Link the Hero of Hyrule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?