WTF!

So Today I was going to post about a new project idea I'm working on but that going to have to wait. Why you ask? Because people with money do stupid thing with my childhood. Ok let me back up a little. Today I visited one of my many websites for news on something that a I loved as a child and collect as an adult G.I. Joe and that site is HissTank.com, Now before I could even scroll down for other news I see the latest post G.I. JOE: RETALIATION PUSHED BACK FOR 3D MARCH 29 2013.


That's right potential summer blockbuster delayed to add 3D a gimmick. Have mentioned I HATE GIMMICKS and 3D just landed on my shit list. Alas 3D was the one I tolerated the longest too. 3D was like that friend of a Friend you can't stand that guy buy you put up with him just so your friends is happy. That was me with 3D I love going to the movies the seats, the popcorn, it just the whole experience that make it for me and because of that I put up with 3D. From here on out if I have a choice I will not see a 3D movie. Now back on topic to make sure this wasn't a gag I check the Google and I found this story From the Los Angeles Times. So I realized it was all true now sad and a little pissed.

I read the article and learned something and I quote "'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' was Paramount's only 2012 event movie with a budget of more than $100 million."

Now if I am reading that correctly  this summer Paramount Pictures has no movie that would be consider blockbuster. Now another thing that is never talked about is the toy line for this film. Now this toy line was to be their big G.I. Joe line for this year in fact at Toy Fair the only this Hasbro only show thee movie line. My advice here would be pull the line at least every thing after wave 2 I say this because most of wave 1 is in stores and was/is scheduled for 5/29/12 and wave two has been produced and carded no clue if it has shipped yet.

Needless to say that this was a bad movie on both Paramount and Hasbro they will lose more money than the film will gross but hey I'll still end up seeing it because I love G.I. Joe and I'd like to see this franchise pick up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?