And I'll Form the Head

Ok so here we are again and this time it's more Voltron. This will be the last for a while as after this I will have nothing to talk about till season 2 comes out or the new toyline whichever comes first. So for this section I want to talk about what I want from season 2 of Voltron: Legendary Defender. Before I get any farther into this here is the Trailer that was show at New York Comic Con.


So after watching that trailer I was pumped for the next season but at the same time I saw something and I wasn't happy with what I saw. I'll talk more about that below but let just say it got me thinking about what I want with Season 2 of Voltron, and it wasn't a lot but at the same time it wasn't nothing. so with out any more hyperbole let's begin.

Don't Kill Shiro
Ok I didn't cover it much in my review of season 1 but the writing and character are amazing and are vastly improved over DotU and GoLion. Now this new show is a reboot of both show however that doesn't mean that events are set in stone. Now that being said this trailer is heavily implying that Shiro will die and leave the team like Sven (DotU) and Quite (nickname in GoLion). Ok Sven didn't die but that was censoring more than changing the plot and it didn't come into play until the 2nd Lion season of DotU.  My my reasons for this are not too many but I believe they are reasonable. My biggest reason is this is a reboot not a retelling so you can take risks. Just because it happened in original doesn't mean you have to have it happen in this one. The show even referenced this event by making the Shrio Haggar near identical to the fight from the original. Another reason I have to not kill Shrio is it would hinder the team as a whole as moving Allura into a lion would as of current understanding would cripple the castle's defenses and weapons. Now they could explain all that away in the coming season. My biggest reason is it would be lazy storytelling you are just following the path of the original and not trying anything new. Now the trailer could be just that a trailer to build hype like the Avatar: The Last Airbender book 3 built a ship that never happened in the show

More New/Different
Now this is similar as above but has nothing to do with the main story in a direct way. One of my favorite things in season 1 was the new planets new races and new lore in the series. Once upon time in the old Voltron forms we agreed the Lion Voltron's story was more like Star Wars and Vehicle Voltron was more Star Trek. With that being said this show dived into a world of mystical explanations and I love it and want more. I would love a Origin Story of Voltron or even to learn more about  Zarkon's paladin team.

More Voltron
Now you may ask How can you have more Voltron. Well the answer is bring back Vehicle Voltron or a new Voltron, however what I really want is more show. What I mean is if this season is the road to end of the Galra Empire they build on a new threat for another season. this doesn't necessarily mean Vehicle Voltron but it would be nice to see those 15 exploration Vehicles again.

Lotor
Honestly I know I talk about changing it up but that doesn't mean excluding a classic character. Now I don't care how you introduce this character or if he still Zarkon's son but I do care that he still obsesses Allura and he is a foil for Keith. He can be a general or an upstart or an weapons of the druid I don't care as long as he acts as mentioned above.

Now these are my major wants with leaving Shiro alive. Now they could kill Shiro and put Keith in Black, Lance in Red, and Allura in Blue Lion If the whole thing is well written and explained. I love the writing and the characters and I am hyped for season two and when it goes live I'm going to watch the whole thing and then watch it again because why not. This show is great and I've got a lot of love for the Voltron franchise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?