Zelda A Breath of Fresh Air

So it's been two weeks since the launch of the Switch and the release of Zelda Breath of the Wild and I have finally finished the game. I got the Master Sword I beat Gannon and saved Princess Zelda. The Game has a lot of charm and lefter me in awe. seriously i'm wondering how long it will be before I stop dream of Hyrule and my adventures their. So with all this said and done I want to give a quick review and then touch my final timeline theory. So let get started and Look at Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.


 The Review.

Like I said above I want to keep this brief and I will even give it a score at the end. So how i'm going to do this is a list of pros and cons. At the end of each list i'll give a blub explaining more or less what I mean.

Pros

  • True Open world
  • A Story that is both interesting yet open
  • evolved versions of the Zelda combat
  • Amazing enemy AI
  • Breaking the Zelda formula
  • there is always something to do.
The game is amazing it takes the best of the previous Zelda and none of the bad. The enemy are now threats and large numbers are dangerous. The world is amazing huge and you can go anywhere and I mean that you are only limited by your stamina.  The story is both intriguing and open you don't have to do it you can run right to the final fight.

Cons

  • WEAPON DECAY
I don't have many problems but the weapon decay is both frustrating and hindering. the game itself is difficult enough without worrying about how long weapons will last. they other problem is well even items that you don't think should decay do. The master sword itself decays and while you are given a reason it still doesn't make a lot senses. The other problem is there is no way to measure how long your weapon will last. The only warning is a message in combat and it blinks red in the inventory.

Final thoughts

The game is truly amazing and wonderful and even with the one con I have the game is almost perfect so I give it a 9.95 out of 10.

Timeline Theory

During my month and half Zelda Coverage I addressed where I thought this game would fit in the complicated Zelda Timeline. I placed in the fallen hero timeline and even surmised that this may be the end of the sealing war that locked Ganon in the Sacred Realm. However after playing the game I was wrong  but not because it was outlandish no because there was one piece of info I was missing. That info was the games own timeline. what i mean is the story of this game as we where informed takes place in a 100 year period but as things go on we learn about the past of the game that takes place 10,000 years before the game. That factor alone made this game harder and harder to place in a timeline unless it's was well at the end of it. After playing the game more I now have an idea  of when the game takes place. The timeline I would place this game in is the child timeline. The are two strong pieces of evidence for this.  The first pieces is in one of the lost memories when knighting Link Zelda mentions 3 past heros one who was Skybound, one lost in Time, and one fighting Twilight.  These heros are from Skyward sword, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. This could be very much just a references because this games is full of them for other games. The other big evidence is a monument in Goron city that depicts Goron heros. It depicts three heroes  Daruk, from this game; Darunia from OoT; Darmani from Majora's Mask. Again this could just be a colorful  reference but it straight out points to the Child timeline.  This all i've got and honestly that enough.

With all that said and done this game is amazing and easily in my top 5 best Zelda games i've loved the ride and cannot wait to see what else this game has to offer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?