Video Game Comics

There are no two thing I love more than comic books and video games. Now over the years comics have made games and games into comics. Now ever now and then a real gem pops up like Arkham Asylum. It is rare when a game gets a really well done comic adaptation. Well with my recent nostalgia into Mega Man Legends I thought to look into the new Archie Comics titled Mega Man. Now I picked up this series which is now up to 15 issues. The comic is written Ian Flynn (known for his work in the Sonic comics) with a diffrent artist every 4 issues. I wont get into the artist to much because each comic's art is so much like the official art for the series. Now the writting is just perfect the 1st 4 issues cover the original game story. With an original story in 5 to 8. Then the next 4 issues follow game two. The next story is unfinished as the last issue in the ark is not out yet (as of writing this), however it is also an original story. The way the books are written every thing flows from adaption to original story. Another thing I enjoy is there is more character and story to the robot masters. My only real compliant is how short the story arc are. This series is one of the better adaptions of a video game with out being an expanded universe story or becoming its own universe. If you are a fan of comics or a Mega Man Fan I recommend reading it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?