Amazing is One Word for It


First I’d like to wish my readers a happy Independence Day (the holiday not the Blockbuster movie starring Will Smith) However this blog is not about today but about what came out yesterday. Yes I am talking about “Amazing Spider-Man” and this is my review. This review like the other movie will be looked at in 3 parts The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, however I will also add a fourth part called the 3D. So without any more delay here is my Review of “Amazing Spider-Man”.

The Good

Ok I’m going to start by saying I did not have the bar set high for this film and I was wrong not to.  Ok I want to start by saying this movie did nothing but surprise me the actors, the story, and the action. These are the 3 things I’m going to focus on for this part of the review. The Actors are amazing (pardon the pun) I was worried about some of the choices of the actors, but everyone did an amazing job. I want to start talking about Andrew Garfield and how he plays Peter Parker. There are scenes where he shines and they are when he grieving and showing just how deep the pain goes one of these is dealing with Uncle Ben’s death. Another thing the film had done with Peter that I though was better than the original is showing how smart Peter really is even with the creation of web shooters.  Now another thing they did different then original are Aunt May and Uncle Ben they are portrayed more as parents rather than grandparents which is how most adaptations portray them.  Both Martin Sheen and Sally Field doing amazing jobs as the characters not better than Cliff Robertson and Rosemary Harris just different and they shouldn’t be compared beyond what I just did.  The last actor I want to talk about Denis Leary as Captain George Stacy. I have to say this is my now favorite role of Denis Leary now he did an amazing job as the cop father who just wants his family safe.  Now with the story I’m not going too much into the plot as to not to spoil the movie. There are two running plots the main plot that is the coming to terms with his responsibility and the sub plot deals with his parents going missing. Another thing they do which was never done in the comics is the mentor relationship they do with Curt Connors played by Rhys Ifans. Never once did this happen in the comic I think this came from the 90s cartoon first. Another thing they did right was Peter’s relationship Gwen played by Emma Stone, who did an awesome job as the character just not one of my favorite performances. Another thing they do right is the Jekyll and Hyde with the Lizard and Connors. All and all this movie is an awesome remake and separates itself from the original movie however I still hope to see J.K. Simmons in the next one as Jameson. The action scenes in this movie are also a huge improvement over the original film they are fast paced and fit this movie really well. 

The Bad/Ugly

 
Ok there is not a lot of bad in this movie that are not plot points and when it comes to picking over plot points that’s where the ugly parts come in so for this review I combined them mostly because I have no complaints with the cast or the story on a whole the cons I have are as a Spider-Man fan. So my biggest con is his secret identity that not that much of a secret people who never learned it in the comic learn it this movie one being Gwen.  Another con is with the robber that kills Uncle Ben I won’t go in to much as not to spoil the movie but it very different not really bad I’m just really fond of the original. Like I have said they’re not a lot of bad I just have some nitpicks with aspects of the story. 

3D

If you know me I am not a big fan of 3D it is a stupid gimmick that so far only a few movies have done right.  This 3D in this movie is done really well their are not a lot of scenes with it out side of the web swinging and the fights but they are really well done. All and all if you want the spend the extra money the 3D is worth seeing.

Overall

To sum up my review really good movie, awesome actors, Spectacular story (see what I did there), and the 3D does not suck. The movie is a 5 out of 5 go see it total worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?