Pokemon Switch?

So I've been playing Pokémon Sun and Moon (mostly Sun) a lot since it launched and well that got me thinking what is next for the Pokémon Games and could the future be on the Nintendo Switch

So with Sun and Moon out rumors have already started about the 3rd game in this Generation, and the biggest part of that rumors is that the 3rd Game called Pokémon Stars will be on the Nintendo Switch, however that not the reason for this blog at all. While I think it's past time for a major pokemon game on the home console I think it should be more than a port or the newest Gen. Now don't get me wrong I'm all for Pokémon Starts and it may be the sole reason the switch sells at launch with the delay in the new Zelda game, however what I am calling for is a hard reboot to the franchise.

What do you mean Hard reboot? Well I mean just that start over from the beginning. Now Pokémon has done soft reboots in the past and I think future games could still follow up with that example, however this one should well be the starting it all. This game should be an original story and should follow examples of Black and White and Sun and Moon. Yes the journey to the Pokemon League the reason the game starts and then something more happens drawing our hero to a bigger mystery. Personally I would Go back to Kanto from the original Gen and tell a dynamic but different story from the Gen 1 games.  Now before you get your pitchforks out I'm not calling for a reset of the franchise and drop the total poke back down to 151. No I actually want quite the opposite. Ideally this game would be set in Kanto and the story more than likely involve the creation of Mewtwo and the Team that created him. It would also include an updated Dex that has the baby pokemon and new evolutions putting up to roughly 181.  I could go on about the story and pokémon but let's talk features. Over the years the game has added and removed some features so here my list of things i'd want to keep and change.


  • Let your Pokémon follow you again.  I loved this in Yellow and Heart Gold and Soul Silver and I understand it can be taxing on a handheld but this a console.
  • Keep Pokémon Refresh. I wasn't big on Pokémon-Amie but the change to the system to refresh made it better and had more reward to it.
  • Super and Hyper Training. Now while i haven't mess with hyper because of the level 100 requirement super training made my Pokémon more formidable at lower levels.
  • Keep Ride Pokémon. This new method of travel replaced both the bike and HMs.
  • Combine Friendship and Affection. This change is mostly because some people still don't know the difference hell look up a friendship guide for X and Y and it recommends the Amie system which doesn't even raise friendship
  •  Voiced Dialog. Now don't get me wrong i love old school rpgs and giving charter their own voices their is a lot of talented Voice actors out there and i would love to see it applied to Pokémon
This is my biggest wants there are little things but honestly these would be enough plus and engaging story would be enough for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?