I Choose You Gen I

So Election 2016 is over and well I need to decompress and there is nothing that make me more excited than a new Pokemon game. With Sun and Moon just around the corner what better time than now talk about what starters I chose and why.

So let set the wayback machine to September 1998 and I was in 6th grade (I'll let you do the math on my age) and a new game is starting to sweep the nation that was a pair Pokemon Version Red and Version Blue. These games would set the groundwork for the monster collecter RPG. Now this game comes with a choice and that choice was who would you pick for you starter. You had 3 basic choices that acted as a rock paper scissors to each other. Meaning that one beats another and is beaten by the third.  Those 3 pokemon are:
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Charmander

 An they where cute look at those faces they are adorable, but that was never a factor in my choice. The one I chose was... Charmander ever time well excluding Version Yellow but their is no chose there.

There are three big reasons I pick Charmander. One it's final evolution Charizard is a dragon... well not really type wise it a fire/flying type unless you count Mega evolutions which don't count in this pick right now.
The 2nd reason is well it look like a dragon and I'm a nerd so why not. Though the similarities to Gamera almost made me chose Squritle. The third reason was the type I'm a sucker for fire and how it is used in any sort of fantasy/scifi story.

Now above I mentioned Mega Evolutions and how they never factored in to this choice originally.  However in X&Y when given the opportunity to pick from these three again I tossed the above reason out the window and chose mainly on the mega evolution. Now Mega Evolutions also lead to the which version I pick this Gen.  So I look at the Mega's and Charizard and one other pokemon had two different versions based on that led me to pick Version X. Now looking at the Mega's of the 3 I picked Charmander again but for a different reason this time.
Now I picked because of the Mega X evolution but it was more than just appearance, but I mean look at that thing it is awesome looking. No the major reason for this choice was this Mega Evolution brings with it a type change dropping the flying type and adding Dragon making it super powerful.

So when it come to Gen I starters I pick Charmander and blow my opponents away with Charizards power.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My top 5 Villians in Power Rangers

What is the Mech Genre?